1 fennel bulb, quartered
4 medium carrots, peeled
1 onion, peeled and quartered
2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
3 cups (750 ml) chicken broth
1 cup (250 ml) milk
1 tsp (5 ml) salt
1/2 tsp (3 ml) ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place fennel, carrots and onion on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Bake vegetables for 1 hour. Cool to room temperature.
- Place all ingredients in the blender jar in the order listed above.
- Secure the lid.
- Set the speed control to the lowest speed and turn the blender on.
- Slowly increase the speed to the highest setting and blend for about 7 minutes or until steam escapes from the lid.
- If a thinner consistency is desired, a little more broth and blend for another 2 minutes.