The instructions below are for the Salton Temperature Control Kettle (GK2077). You can learn more about this product here.
- Press the power button once.
- To switch between the Celsius and Fahrenheit display press the °F/°C button for 3 seconds.
- The display will show 100°C (212°F) for 3 seconds then the display will switch to the actual water temperature. The display temperature will increase until the kettle reaches 100°C (212°F).
- Once the water has boiled the Kettle will shut off.
- The display will show 100°C (212°F) for 30 seconds then the display will shut off.
Setting a temperature (Temperature Control)
Different teas require different temperatures for their optimal flavors! If your Salton kettle is equipped with variable temperature control then you can select your desired temperature on and the kettle will automatically halt the boiling cycle as soon as that temperature is reached. Learn more about what temperatures are best for each tea using our handy water temperature guide here.
How to set the temperature
- Press the °C/°F Button until you reach the desired temperature between 40 –100°C (104 – 212°F) in 10 degree Celsius increments.
- To switch between the Celsius and Fahrenheit display, press the °F/°C button and hold for 3 seconds.
- The display will show the chosen temperature for 3 seconds then will switch to the actual water temperature. The display temperature will increase until it reaches the chosen temperature.
- Once the temperature has reached the set temperature the Kettle will shut off.
How to set the Keep Warm
1. Hold the Keep Warm Button for 3 seconds, then press the °C/°F Button until you reach one of the 6 desired ‘keep warm’ temperature settings between 40 – 90°C (104 – 194°F). Press the power button once.
IMPORTANT: The Keep Warm Function cannot be used for the 100°C/212°F temperature setting.
2. The Keep Warm symbol on the display will be illuminated when the Keep Warm function has been activated.
NOTE: The Keep Warm function will remain active for 2 hours if the
Kettle remains on the base. If the Kettle is lifted off the base the Keep Warm setting is cancelled.
3. The Keep Warm Function can be deactivated at any time by pressing the Power Button once.